Basic Support Grants (BSG)
Basic Support Grants provide annual operating support to eligible community, volunteer, and discipline-based Nebraska arts organizations. This category offers grants to support three major areas: major arts organizations, discipline-based arts organizations, and community-based arts organizations. To be invited to join the BSG category, arts organizations must first meet the following criteria:
- 1. the organization must be an arts organization, dedicating 51% or more of its budget to producing or sponsoring arts events or to providing arts services;
2. the organization should have a budget of at least $25,000 that demonstrates a diversity of income from earned and unearned income sources, such as individuals, businesses, foundations and governmental support;
3. the organization must be incorporated in Nebraska for a minimum of three years prior to application;
4. the organization must have Federal tax-exempt status;
5. the organization must schedule events on a year-round (not seasonal) basis. This generally includes two or more productions/presentations/exhibitions and two or more outreach activities to underserved audiences annually.
6. the organization must demonstrate a successful history of grant writing and grant management with the NAC.
Deadline: March 1. Organizations that have not previously applied in this category should contact the NAC by October 1 the year prior to submitting an application.
Contact: Nicole Van Zante, Grants Manager
- Basic Support (BSG) Grants Summary Info, which includes grant program description, guidelines, narrative questions, budget information and required support materials.
- Basic Support Grants Application Review Criteria and Scoring Rubric